It’s summertime…which means it’s also time for our annual beach trip to the Carolina’s. I get pretty excited for the beach. I can breathe better, I get a tan, the flowers smell better there (it’s true), the food is better, you don’t get funny looks for wearing no shoes (remember this story?), the views are endless, even though it’s hot there’s always an amazing breeze…this list could keep going, but I’ll stop. You get the idea. I like the beach. In true planner style, I usually make myself a packing list before I go on a trip. Here are some of the items on this year’s list…
1. I love a sun hat
. Perfect for extra afternoon coverage!
2. Having a beach bag
that resists sand and water is a must.
3. I pretty much can’t go outside for extended periods of time without sunglasses
6. For the beach I love these flip flops
. I don’t have to worry about them getting wet.
7. I like to stash some facial wipes
in my beach bag. I usually wipe away the sweat mid-day.
8. My lips get so chapped in the sun/wind – a lip balm
is key. I’d like to try this one!
9. Sweat and oil can cause some major skin issues. This sunscreen
is light and won’t clog pores.
11. For an extra tanning boost I love the Maui Babe
12. My Hayden Reis bag is awesome. It keeps my smaller items dry.
13. Last, but not least, is a big (and cute) beach towel!